Graduating from university marks the end of one journey and the beginning of another one. A new direction, a new career and a new experiences are on the road ahead, and you’ll need reliable transportation to get there. With so many potential paths to take, getting into a new vehicle can be easier than you think.
Graduate Lease Program
GM Financial is proud to offer The Graduate Lease program, designed to help recent graduates qualify for financing for a new GM vehicle. Here are some of the advantages:
- No previous credit experience? No problem
- Available for 36- or 48-month leases
- No cash down payment is required
- Vehicle lease payment, including taxes, cannot exceed 25% of gross monthly income
Lease Program Eligibility:
- Proof of graduation from University
- Proof of current employment or employment start date before first lease payment is due
- Annual income amount Description employment type All applications received are subject to final approval by GM Financial
- Those with prior derogatory history reporting may not be considered for approval
- Subject to the applicant debt servicing
- Minimum two-year diploma from an accredited community college, or a three-year degree from an accredited university
- The Graduate Lease is available for up to two years from the date of graduation
Frequently Asked – Vehicle Leasing Questions
What are the benefits of leasing?
- With a lease, payments may be lower than purchasing the same vehicle, since you only pay for the portion of the vehicle you use over the term of the lease. You can consider vehicles that have more options; trade in your vehicle for the latest model more frequently; and, align the lease term to the vehicle warranty period for greater peace of mind.
Does leasing require less money up front?
- The down payment amount for leasing a vehicle varies based on the lease transaction structure and monthly payment you desire, but generally, may be lower than buying.
With a lease, am I protected from possible negative equity?
- With a lease, you avoid the potential risk that your vehicle’s value has declined beyond its projected residual value at the end of your lease term.
What happens at the end of a lease?
- At the end of term, you have the option to purchase the vehicle or turn it in, subject to the terms outlined in your lease agreement. GM Financial will communicate with you prior to the end of your lease to guide you through the end of lease process.
Learn more about our College Graduation Leasing program by TEXTING OR CALLING US NOW! (604) 987-5231